Monster Energy Kawasaki RedBud National Presented by Concept Haulers
Round Five of AMA Toyota Motocross Championship Presented by FMF
RedBud Track N Trail – Buchanan, Mich.
June 30-July 1, 2007
AMA Motocross Stats:
• First race, April 28, 1974, with Kenny Zahrt winning on a Bultaco, marking the final win for Bultaco in AMA Motocross.
• This will be the 27th time the gate will drop for an AMA Motocross national at RedBud.
• RedBud wins by brand:
Honda – 10
Kawasaki – 7
Yamaha – 4
Suzuki – 2
Bultaco – 1
• First time winners at RedBud: Mike Kiedrowski, Kawasaki (1992), Steve Wise, Honda (1980), Kenny Zahrt, Bultaco (1974).
• Last win by brand at RedBud: Suzuki – 2006, Honda - 2004, Kawasaki - 2001, Yamaha – 1997, and Bultaco – 1974.
• Suzuki won back-to-back AMA Motocross races at RedBud in 1977-78, something Suzuki’s Ricky Carmichael accomplished with his second-consecutive win last year.
• There have been five brand sweeps at RedBud (when a brand whens both classes): Kawasaki (Jeff Emig and Ricky Carmichael) in 1998, Yamaha (John Dowd and Kevin Windham) in 1997, Honda (Jeremy McGrath and Steve Lamson) in 1995, Honda (Jeff Stanton and George Holland) in 1989, Honda (David Bailey and Johnny O’Mara) in 1983.
• Ricky Carmichael has six consecutive AMA Motocross wins at RedBud, 2001-06.
• Of the 125 rounds AMA Motocross Carmichael raced since 1997, he has won at least one moto 109 times.
• Carmichael reached a milestone last round, claiming his 100th career win (combined classes) in AMA Motocross. He also has 148 SX/MX wins in his career with two races remaining before he retires.
• Carmichael has never lost the fifth round of an AMA Motocross series in his 10-year career.
• For the fifth time in eight seasons, Carmichael has won the first four rounds of the season in AMA Motocross.
AMA Motocross Lites Stats:
• First race, May 23rd, 1976, with Bob Hannah winning on a Yamaha.
• This will be the 28th time the gate will drop for an AMA national here at RedBud.
• RedBud wins by brand:
Honda – 8
Yamaha – 8
Kawasaki – 8
Suzuki – 3
• Last win by brand here at RedBud: Kawasaki – 2006, Yamaha – 2004, Honda – 1996, and Suzuki – 1990.
• Six riders have back-to-back AMA Motocross Lites overall wins at RedBud: James Stewart – 2002-03, Ricky Carmichael – 1998-99, Steve Lamson – 1995-96, Jeff Emig – 1992-93, Mickey Dymond – 1986-87, and Mark Barnett – 1981-82.
• Ryan Villopoto can add his name to that list with a second-consecutive win this season at RedBud.
• Three different riders have claimed AMA Motocross Lites wins through four rounds this season: Ben Townley (Hangtown and Southwick), Josh Grant (Mt. Morris) and Ryan Villopoto (Budds Creek).
• Villopoto won his seventh career AMA Motocross Lites overall and sits in a tie for 13th place on the all-time class win list with Travis Pastrana, Kevin Windham, Doug Henry, Erik Kehoe and Johnny O''Mara.
• Villopoto’s win at Budds Creek was the 130th combined Supercross/Motocross win for the Pro Circuit race team.
SCHEDULE: Saturday (June 30) - Pro practice, 1:00-3:25 pm., Pre-qualifiers 3:45 pm.; Sunday (July 1) - Practice, 9:00-10:30 am. Qualifying, 10:45 am. Opening Ceremonies, 12:30 pm. Final events start at 1:00 pm with two 30-minute, plus two lap motos for each class.
Tickets are available for $40 (Friday/Saturday)/$30 (Sunday Only) at the gate only. A Saturday pit pass will be available from 11:00 a.m.—2:00 p.m. for $10 and Sunday, from 9:00 a.m. – Noon for $15. A full weekend of Amateur racing is scheduled, beginning on Thursday for practice and concluding Saturday evening. For more information on the weekend, including camping and parking, log on the www.redbudmx.com.
Interview opportunities are available to the media by contacting AMA Toyota Motocross Championship Media Manager Tony Gardea via email email@example.com or by phone at 949-365-5750.
Credential requests for each round of the 2007 AMA Toyota Motocross Championship, presented by FMF, must be submitted via e
Previous Motocross Articles