The 2018 Motocross of Nations MXoN post race
There was a lot of hype going into the event. Even though mother nature soaked the track, 81,700 spectators showed up to watch the event first hand. Jeffrey Herlings was crowned the MXGP world champion and Jorge Prado Garcia was crowned MXGP MX2 champion. The French team was coming off four MXoN victories in a row. The track was on American soil. So how would the Americans favor on their "home" track? With 22 MXoN throughout the event''s history, team USA was counting on a win. The odds weren''t in their favor since American hasn''t won the event since 2011.
Aaron Plessinger was crowned AMA 250SX West Region Monster Energy Supercross Champion and 2018 AMA 250 Motocross Champion.
Eli Tomac was crowned 2018 AMA 450 Motocross Champion.
The only US rider without a championship this year on the team was Justin Barcia, who has been riding really well all season.
The hero''s of the MXoN were the MXGP rider. Especially Glenn Coldenhoff, he was doing LaRocco''s leap in the mud. A lot of 450 rider don''t even try to triple it when it''s bone dry on a sunny day! In addition, he was able to win both motos he races (moto 2 and moto 3). With only two riders, because Calvin Vlaanderen was hit in the eye by a rock during the first race, team Team Netherlands was able to land on the podium and beat the American team.
But don''t forget about Team France either. They won the MXoN for the fifth year in a row! Congratulations to Team France!
Travis Pastrana backflip
Team France wins for 5th time
Monster Energy FIM MXoN Race 1 top ten:
1. Jeffrey Herlings (NED, KTM), 36:14.743;
2. Gautier Paulin (FRA, Husqvarna), +0:25.416;
3. Jorge Prado (ESP, KTM), +0:31.483;
4. Eli Tomac (USA, Kawasaki), +0:40.195;
5. Clement Desalle (BEL, Kawasaki), +0:51.878;
6. Antonio Cairoli (ITA, KTM), +0:57.900;
7. Dylan Ferrandis (FRA, Yamaha), +1:00.029;
8. Hunter Lawrence (AUS, Honda), +1:03.066;
9. Colton Facciotti (CAN, Honda), +1:51.758;
10. Michele Cervellin (ITA, Yamaha), +1:54.397.
Monster Energy FIM MXoN Race 2 top ten:
1. Glenn Coldenhoff (NED, KTM), 34:28.308;
2. Hunter Lawrence (AUS, Honda), +0:16.063;
3. Jorge Prado (ESP, KTM), +0:20.510;
4. Ben Watson (GBR, Yamaha), +0:21.458;
5. Jeremy Seewer (SUI, Yamaha), +0:23.272;
6. Jeremy Van Horebeek (BEL, Yamaha), +0:28.847;
7. Harri Kullas (EST, Husqvarna), +0:32.905;
8. Dylan Ferrandis (FRA, Yamaha), +0:37.022;
9. Justin Barcia (USA, Yamaha), +0:59.661;
10. Mitchell Evans (AUS, KTM), +1:09.475.
Monster Energy FIM MXoN Race 3 top ten:
1. Glenn Coldenhoff (NED, KTM), 35:53.888;
2. Jeffrey Herlings (NED, KTM), +0:03.970;
3. Gautier Paulin (FRA, Husqvarna), +1:03.687;
4. Antonio Cairoli (ITA, KTM), +1:05.191;
5. Alessandro Lupino (ITA, Kawasaki), +1:11.582;
6. Max Anstie (GBR, Husqvarna), +1:12.469;
7. Eli Tomac (USA, Kawasaki), +1:12.820;
8. Maximilian Nagl (GER, TM), +1:27.271;
9. Ken Roczen (GER, Honda), +1:44.294;
10. Tommy Searle (GBR, Kawasaki), +1:50.621.
Previous Motocross Articles