Reed looking to get Super X season back on track
Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Chad Reed is looking to get his Super X season back on track at this weekend’s Parramatta Super X event, round 5 of the 2009 championship.
Reed has encountered a number of obstacles in his defence of the Open class title, the most recent a heavy crash at last weekend’s Canberra event while leading the final race.
The short turnaround between events has allowed minimal time to recover, train and test his new bike, but he remains optimistic heading into tomorrow’s elimination-style Survival format.
“It’s been a tough few weeks and Canberra especially cost me in terms of the championship,” said Reed. “We’re heading into the final few rounds now so it will be important to focus on getting home first.
“The bike is coming along pretty well, we’re trying new things here and there and it definitely has the speed when it comes to races.
“I’m confident that I will have a better handle on the bike at Parramatta, starts will be important, as will outright speed over each 5-lap moto.
“I’ve got two very determined riders in front of me at the moment and I’m certain this will go down to the wire at the final round.”
Reed is third in the class on 82 points after missing the podium last weekend.
He is 6 points shy of Jay Marmont in second place and a further point back from Daniel Reardon in first.
The round five format will feature a series of elimination-style motos in the final, with 20 riders reduced to 15, to 10 and then to the final 5.
Super X Championship Standings
1. Dan REARDON (VIC) / Woodstock Honda Thor Racing, 89
2. Jay MARMONT (NSW) / CDR Rockstar Yamaha, 88
3. Chad REED (QLD) / Monster Energy Kawasaki, 82
4. Tye SIMMONDS (NSW) / Motorex KTM Racing Team, 68
5. Daniel McCOY (NSW) / Pacific Ink Coastal KTM High Roller Energy Team, 62
6. Cody MACKIE (NSW) / Cool Air Conditioning Kawasaki, 54
7. Cheyne BOYD (VIC) / CDR Rockstar Yamaha, 54
8. Craig ANDERSON (QLD) / Kawasaki Racing Team, 48
9. Cameron TAYLOR (VIC) / SP Motorsports Byrners Suzuki, 47
10. Troy CARROLL (QLD) / Cool Air Conditioning Kawasaki, 45
Previous Motocross Articles