ROCKSTAR ENERGY HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACINGS PHIL NICOLETTI FINISHES EIGHTH AT TENNESSEE NATIONAL
MOSIMAN, HARRISON, AND BAILEY FINISH 13TH, 14TH, AND 16TH IN 250 CLASS
The Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team made its way to Blountville, Tenn. on Saturday for the fifth round of the AMA Pro Motocross Championship. Phil Nicoletti had a great day with an eighth overall in the 450 class, while teammates Michael Mosiman, Mitchell Harrison, and Jordan Bailey finished 13th, 14th, and 16th overall in the 250 class.
Phil Nicoletti got a top-10 start in the first 450 moto and quickly moved into the top-five. He held his ground then went back to sixth around the halfway mark then rode strong until going down with around 10 minutes remaining. He remounted quickly and was back on the move in eighth. He charged ahead and made one more pass to finish seventh. He got a great start in the second moto and was on the move in the top-10. He was seventh in lap two and was riding strong but got shuffled back to ninth where he finished. The 7-9 finish gave him eighth overall on the day.
“My second race was a lot better than my first,” said Nicoletti. “I had a lot of tip overs. I was trying to push it and lost my cool in the second moto. It’s ok. I’m going in the right direction and I’m looking forward to getting in the sand next weekend."
Michael Mosiman was mid-pack at the start of the first 250 moto and rode a consistent race to finish 14th. He got a decent start in the second moto and came out of the first lap in 12th. He charged into the top-10 around the halfway mark and, despite going down, continued to push and held strong to finish 10th. He went 14-10 for 13th overall.
“Muddy Creek was a pretty good race,” said Mosiman. “My starts improved and my aggression improved. I got a good start in the first moto but then got pushed wide. I got a better start in the second moto and was running a good pace. I went down after Cantrell and lost two spots, but I had some good passes so I was happy about that. All-in-all there were a lot of positives, and I’m looking forward to Southwick."
Mitchell Harrison was mid-pack at the start of the first 250 moto and stayed steady to finish 15th. He got a decent start in the second moto and was riding strong in 15th. He put in a great ride and charged through the pack to finish 11th. The 15-11 finish gave him 14th overall on the day.
“I’ve been getting great starts all week,” said Harrison. “I was looking to get better starts today. I had to come through the pack. I feel strong again, though, so I think next week will be good. I love the sand so I’m looking forward to doing better."
Jordan Bailey started in the back of the pack in the first 250 moto and charged through the field to finish 16th. He got a similar start in the second moto and worked hard to charge ahead. He had a solid ride and finished 14th. The 16-14 finish gave him 16th overall.
“Muddy Creek is an awesome track,” said Bailey. “I didn’t get a great start in the first moto but I made some passes. I had to work my way up again in the second moto. It’s a step in the right direction, but I need to get a little more aggressive. I’m looking forward to Southwick."
Next Race: June 30 - Southwick National - Southwick, MA
Tennessee National Results
1. Shane McElrath (3,2)
2. Dylan Ferrandis (11,1)
3. Chase Sexton (8,4)
4. Alex Martin (12,3)
5. Jordon Smith (7,6)
6. Joey Savatgy (6,7)
7. Aaron Plessinger (9,5)
8. Austin Forkner (5,9)
9. Jeremy Martin (1,40)
10. Justin Cooper (2,28)
13. Michael Mosiman - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing (14,10)
14. Mitchell Harrison - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing (15,11)
16. Jordan Bailey - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing (16,14)
1. Eli Tomac (1,3)
2. Justin Barcia (2,2)
3. Marvin Musquin (5,1)
4. Ken Roczen (3,4)
5. Blake Baggett (4,5)
6. Weston Peick (6,6)
7. Justin Hill (8,7)
8. Phil Nicoletti - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing (7,9)
9. Benny Bloss (9,8)
10. Kyle Cunningham (11,10)
250 Class Rider Point Standings
1. Aaron Plessinger - 199 points
2. Jeremy Martin - 176 points
3. Alex Martin - 170 points
4. Justin Cooper - 158 points
5. Austin Forkner - 143 points
6. Shane McElrath - 133 points
7. Jordon Smith - 133 points
8. RJ Hampshire - 120 points
9. Chase Sexton - 118 points
10. Joey Savatgy - 112 points
11. Zach Osborne - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing - 105 points
12. Michael Mosiman - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing - 76 points
17. Jordan Bailey - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing - 45 points
20. Mitchell Harrison - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing - 30 points
450 Class Rider Point Standings
1. Eli Tomac - 242 points
2. Marvin Musquin - 210 points
3. Justin Barcia - 184 points
4. Ken Roczen - 169 points
5. Blake Baggett - 164 points
6. Weston Peick - 148 points
7. Benny Bloss - 126 points
8. Phil Nicoletti - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing - 118 points
9. Cody Cooper - 80 points
10. Jason Anderson - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing - 73 points
Previous Motocross Articles