Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki Celebrate Fourth of July Weekend with Podium Finish at RedBud
Buchanan, Mich. (July 7, 2019) – Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki’s Adam Cianciarulo made the most of a rollercoaster weekend to claim second overall at RedBud MX. A change in schedule shifted the 250 class to the second and fourth motos of the day, forcing the riders to endure some of the biggest ruts and bumps of the day, but Cianciarulo still managed to come out with 5-2 moto scores. Martin Davalos came out 11th in qualifying practice, eventually deciding to sit out the round as his pre-existing injuries came to a head and he didn’t feel like he could put in a safe ride.
The riders didn’t get any relief from the hot conditions they’ve faced the past few weeks with high humidity continuing to be a factor. Cianciarulo nearly grabbed another holeshot in Moto 1 as he quickly shot into the lead after the first few corners. Trying to push the intensity, Cianciarulo got pushed off the track a few times, eventually resulting in a two position penalty at the end of the race. He continued to push while running in second and had to reserve some energy for the second half of the race, pushing him back to third by the checkered flag. With the two position dock, he was scored fifth.
Putting what happened in Moto 1 in the past, Cianciarulo again started near the front and settled into fourth for the opening laps of the moto. He patiently rode towards the front of the pack and moved into second on Lap 12. His 5-2 scores placed him second overall and enters a much-needed weekend off with a 25 point lead.
“There is no doubt that I was riding a little squirrely on the first lap of Moto 1, but I thought I was pushed off the track and then got penalized so it was a bummer,” said Cianciarulo. “Overall, I missed the setting a little bit in Moto 1 and was getting more tired than I normally do. For the second moto we went back to a little more of the Southwick setting we had and that was much better. I’m excited for the challenge that lies ahead and definitely pumped to be up on the podium with all the RedBud fans.”
To find out more about Pro Circuit products, visit www.procircuit.com. Don’t forget to follow the Pro Circuit race team on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the handle @pcraceteam.
250 Class Event Results - Buchanan, Michigan (RedBud MX)
1. Dylan Ferrandis (Yamaha), 1-1
2. Adam Cianciarulo (Kawasaki), 5-2
3. Justin Cooper (Yamaha), 3-6
4. RJ Hampshire (Honda), 2-8
5. Hunter Lawrence (Honda), 8-4
6. Ty Masterpool (Yamaha), 4-11
7. Colt Nichols (Yamaha), 11-5
8. Michael Mosiman (Husqvarna), 10-7
9. Brandon Hartranft (Yamaha), 6-12
10. Cameron Mcadoo (KTM), 9-10
Martin Davalos (Kawasaki) DNS
250 Class Championship Points Standings
1. Adam Cianciarulo (Kawasaki), 307
2. Dylan Ferrandis (Husqvarna), 282
3. Justin Cooper (Yamaha), 281
4. Colt Nichols (Yamaha), 204
5. RJ Hampshire (Honda), 200
6. Hunter Lawrence (Honda), 193
7. Michael Mosiman (Yamaha), 173
8. Chase Sexton (Honda), 167
9. Alex Martin (Suzuki), 165
10. Shane McElrath (KTM), 129
15. Garrett Marchbanks (Kawasaki), 63
18. Martin Davalos (Kawasaki), 54
Previous Motocross Articles