Close Race to the Championship Battle Returns to Pacific Northwest as Regal Leads Field into Tacoma
Points Leader Brings Back-to-Back Wins into Tacoma Dome
ELLENTON, Fla. (April 14, 2015) - Three rounds down, three to go in the Race to the Championship as AMSOIL Arenacross, featuring Ricky Carmichael''s Road to Supercross, inches even closer to crowning a champion in 2015. Following another intense night of action in Spokane, Washington, last weekend, Husqvarna TiLUBE TUF Racing''s Kyle Regal brings his two-race winning streak and the points lead back to the Pacific Northwest this Saturday, April 18, from the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, Washington. The action gets underway at 10 p.m. EDT/ 7 p.m. PDT.
Race to the Championship Broadcast Alert:
Spokane round will premiere on FOX Sports 1
this Sunday, April 19, at 1:30 p.m. EDT/ 10:30 a.m. PDT
Spokane Race Photos
Spokane Race Highlights
Interview with Spokane Main Event 2 Winner Gared Steinke
Kyle Regal heads to Tacoma in search of a third consecutive overall win.
Photo: Josh Rud / ShiftOne Photography
Entering the Race to the Championship as the top seed, Regal has undoubtedly made the most of the momentum he carried into it. While Team Babbitt''s Monster Energy/AMSOIL Kawasaki''s Chris Blose was able to make the first statement by winning the first of the six rounds in New Orleans and take over the points lead, Regal has been a picture of consistency and it has allowed him to return to the top of the standings. Blose remains close to Regal, with just six points separating the two, but with back-to-back overall wins heading into Tacoma, Regal is the most confident rider in the Arenacross Class.
Halfway through the Race to the Championship, the lead contenders for the 2015 title are beginning to establish themselves at the top of the point standings with the finale in Las Vegas quickly approaching. While Regal and Blose have been fixtures at the front, some incredible competition is unfolding between the riders from third to seventh. Regal''s TUF Racing teammate Gavin Faith jumped from sixth to third in the championship (-12) as a result of a runner-up effort last weekend, giving him the biggest gain in Spokane. Team Babbitt''s Jacob Hayes battled through some adversity and fell one spot to fourth (-15) and is followed by his teammate Matt Goerke in fifth (-16) and Babbitt''s Online Suzuki''s Cory Green in sixth (-19). Sitting in seventh is ThermoTec/FMC Racing Yamaha''s Bobby Kiniry (-20), who ultimately dropped three spots.
With these five riders separated by eight points, more movement is sure to come in Tacoma. The question that remains is whether they will be able to close the double-digit deficit to Regal and Blose with time running out. With that window slowly closing, the aggression on the track is guaranteed to pick up and last week provided a glimpse into the battles that lie ahead inside the Tacoma Dome. Physical competition is one of the trademarks of AMSOIL Arenacross and the Race to the Championship contenders weren''t shy about their aggression in Spokane. Should any one of these riders be able to steer clear of conflict this Saturday night, you can bet he''s going to have a good chance at not only claiming the overall victory, but also gaining considerable ground in the already tight points chase in the Race to the Championship.
Will the aggressive competition in the Race to the Championship continue to intensify?
Photo: Josh Rud / ShiftOne Photography
Veteran Daniel Blair clinched the Western Regional Arenacross Lites Class Championship last weekend with three races remaining. The Motosport.com/Haeseker Racing KTM rider has by far been the rider to beat throughout the Western Regional season and with his first career professional title now wrapped up, he''s coming into Tacoma solely in search of victory, as are the rest of the competitors in the Arenacross Lites Class.
The 13th round of AMSOIL Arenacross and the fourth weekend in the Race to the Championship gets underway this Saturday, April 18th, inside the Tacoma Dome. Racing begins at 10 p.m. EDT/ 7 p.m. PDT.
Chris Blose sits just six points behind Regal and is the only other overall winner in the Race to the Championship thus far.
Photo: Josh Rud / ShiftOne Photography
Previous Round Results
Spokane Arena - Spokane, Washington
April 11, 2015
Arenacross Class Results - Overall (Main Event Finishes)
1. Kyle Regal, Grand Prairie, Texas, Husqvarna (3-2)
2. Gavin Faith, Fort Dodge, Iowa, Husqvarna (4-3)
3. Chris Blose, Phoenix, Ariz., Kawasaki (2-5)
4. Cory Green, Nowata, Okla., Suzuki (7-4)
5. Matt Goerke, Temecula, Calif., Kawasaki (1-10)
6. Gared Steinke, Temecula, Calif., KTM (10-1)
7. Jacob Hayes, Liberty, N.C., Kawasaki (6-8)
8. Travis Sewell, Westville, Ind., KTM (8-7)
9. Steven Mages, Sardinia, Ohio, KTM (9-6)
10. Bobby Kiniry, Holland Patent, N.Y., Yamaha (5-12)
Western Regional Arenacross Lites Class Results
1. Steven Mages, Sardinia, Ohio, KTM
2. Dave Ginolfi, Boston, N.J., KTM
3. Daniel Blair, Lodi, Calif., KTM
4. Scott Zont, Algonquin, Ill., KTM
5. RJ Wageman, Newhall, Calif., Yamaha
6. Kinser Endicott, Red Bluff, Calif., Kawasaki
7. Jason McConnell, Canonsburg, Pa., KTM
8. Jake Locks, Dixon, Calif., KTM
9. Jonah Locks, Dixon, Calif., Kawasaki
10. Collin Jurin, Monroe, Wash., Kawasaki
Race to the Championship Standings (Race 3 of 6) (R2C Main Even Wins)
1. Kyle Regal, Grand Prairie, Texas, Husqvarna - 91 (1)
2. Chris Blose, Phoenix, Ariz., Kawasaki - 85 (3)
3. Gavin Faith, Fort Dodge, Iowa, Husqvarna - 79
4. Jacob Hayes, Liberty, N.C., Kawasaki - 76
5. Matt Goerke, Temecula, Calif., Kawasaki - 75 (1)
6. Cory Green, Nowata, Okla., Suzuki - 72
7. Bobby Kiniry, Holland Patent, N.Y., Yamaha - 71
8. Travis Sewell, Westville, Ind., KTM - 66
9. Gared Steinke, Temecula, Calif., KTM - 63 (1)
10. Steven Mages, Sardinia, Ohio, KTM - 53
Arenacross Class Points (Race 17 of 20)
11. Dave Ginolfi, Boston, N.J., KTM - 172
12. Willy Browning, Pleasantville, Ohio, KTM - 167
13. Daniel Herrlein, Bethesda, Ohio, Honda - 110
14. Cody VanBuskirk, Harvard, Ill., KTM - 104
15. Brandon Glenn, Mesquite, Texas, KTM - 76
Western Regional Arenacross Lites Class Points (After Race 7 of 10) (Main Event wins)
1. Daniel Blair, Lodi, Calif., KTM - 99 (3)
2. Cody VanBuskirk, Harvard, Ill., KTM - 51
3. Brandon Glenn, Mesquite, Texas, KTM - 48
4. Jake Locks, Dixon, Calif., KTM - 48
5. Clay Elliott, Buford, Ga., KTM - 34
6. Jason McConnell, Canonsburg, Pa., KTM - 33
7. Josh Struebig, Crown Point, Ind., KTM - 30
8. Jonah Locks, Dixon, Calif., KTM - 27
9. Mason Wharton, Brush Prairie, Wash., Kawasaki - 24
10. Dalton Oxborrow, Lehi, Utah, Kawasaki - 18
11. Benjamin Nelko, Aliquippa, Pa., KTM - 18
Tickets for each round of AMSOIL Arenacross are on sale now!
The entire AMSOIL Arenacross season will air on FOX Sports 1, including re-airs on Fox Sports 2.
Live timing and scoring from each round of the AMSOIL Arenacross season returns for the 2015 season! To follow the intense racing action live, log onto www.Arenacross.com.
For more information on the 2015 AMSOIL Arenacross season, and to purchase tickets, log on to www.Arenacross.com. For all media requests, please contact Brandon Short email@example.com or 949-365-5750.
Never miss out on the latest news! For more information on AMSOIL Arenacross, please log on to www.Arenacross.com. To follow AMSOIL Arenacross on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, long on to www.facebook/com/AMAarenacross, www.twitter.com/Arenacross and www.instagram.com/Arenacross. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/ArenacrossLive.
About Feld Motor Sports®
Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is the world leader in specialized arena and stadium-based motor sports entertainment. Feld Motor Sports productions include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, AMSOIL Arenacross and Nuclear Cowboyz®. Feld Motor Sports is a division of Feld Entertainment, the world''s largest producer of live family entertainment. Official Monster Truck Series only at Monster Jam. For more information on Feld Entertainment, visit www.feldentertainment.com.
Previous Motocross Articles